I am a board certified health coach who loves working with individuals who have found themselves in a rut with their health and lack of self care, but are motivated and ready to make positive changes in their life and take responsibility for their healthy and well being. If this sounds like you read on!
What is a health coach? Well first let me say this, most of us know what we need to do to be healthier. We just are not willing to do it. Or maybe you sort of know what to do but are not sure how to go about it. Or you could be completely lost. It doesn’t matter where you are on your path, working with a coach is like having a supportive friend who is going to guide you to do what is right and also help you up when you fall off track. And to we all fall off track. As a health coach I want to teach you that you don’t need to be a slave to the scale and help you understand your food cravings. Did you know that sometimes cravings are signal that something is out of balance in your life? It could be simply dietary needs or it could be something lacking in your personal life. You should be finding pleasure in your life and enjoying what you eat and what you do. A lot of health issues come from our simple lack of pleasure.
Services I offer:
I offer a few different services based on the needs of my clients. Not everyone needs to sign up for a six month program. Finding your personal happy healthy you is as individidual and unique as you are. I do offer the following :
- Consultation-I offer low cost consultations that are 45 mins long. A lot of folks after filling out a health history form, and sitting down with me , get a better idea of what they need to do. They might be able to just go out and do it .Some folks want more support and sign up for individual coaching sessions.
- Individual Coaching sessions- Each session is about 50 mins long. These are done via skype, phone or in person. Each one is tailored to your needs and goals. Some sessions will require you to do a little homework after. Not all sessions are about food. Sometimes it is other things in our life that are blocking great health and weight loss.
- Pantry & Fridge Makeovers- This is a great way to know what to toss and why, and what to add. We will spend about 2 hrs together going through the foods in your home and I will explain why somethings should not be brought back into the house after you use them (hey waste is bad) and can even offer ways to set up your kitchen for better use.
- Meal/Menu Planning- Need a little help with meal planning? I am happy to sit down with you and even help you tweek your own recipes to be be healthier. Or maybe your new to menu planning and need a guide. I also work with special diets. sometimes a doctor tell you to eat a certain way after a diagnoses and your not sure where to start.
- Grocery store tour- No we wont go to some crazy over priced grocery store. I want you to suceed so why not shop where you are use to?! Great items can be found in your local supermarket. I am happy to also help you at your local health foods store or farmer’s market pick out healthy alternatives.
- Kick Sugar Challenge- Several times a year I offer a “Kick Sugar Out Of Your Life” challenge. Its a great way to learn about the effects of sugar on your body and kick sugar in a group setting. What’s better than support from others doing the same thing?
- Cooking Class- New to coooking or just need some help finding your way in the kitchen? Email me to discuss a personal cooking class at your home or if you have a few friends I would be happy to do a group cooking class.
I received my training as a Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program.
During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
I am also registered with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners.
How to work with me
If your feeling ready to make changes in your life it’s easy. Just email me at ShellyOwens88@gmail.com I will be happy to send you out a Health History form which will take you a few moments to fill out. Once I recieve your form back we can schedule an appointment to talk about what your personal goals are. I don’t work with anyone without this form filled out. It’s just a way for me to learn more about you and your eating habits.
I look forward to talking to you!
Shelly Owens, CHHC, AADP